Frequently Asked Questions
Greenleaf is not a staffing/temp agency. Greenleaf provides employment support services to individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment. While we do have contacts in the community, we do not necessarily have positions ready and waiting. We believe that the key to a long term good job fit is getting to know each of the people we work with and taking all of their unique characteristics, skills, and requirements under consideration.
In order to qualify for services from Greenleaf the following criteria should be met:
- Person must have a documented barrier to employment.
- Person must be able to provide proof of ability to pay for services either personally or through an accredited agency.
- Person must be able to demonstrate the ability to control bodily functions either naturally or through accommodation.
- Person must be able to demonstrate restraint from actively aggressive behaviors.
- Person must be able to demonstrate ability to self-medicate if administering medications is necessary.
- Person must be able to demonstrate ability to communicate with others either naturally or through accommodation.
- Person must be at least 14 years old.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered for someone that is seeking services and does not meet the above criteria.
- Entrance will be accepted when all of the above eligibility criteria are met and qualified support staff is available to provide the services which the person is seeking.
Most participants go through Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities so their services are 100% free. Click here to find out more about OOD.
For most of our participants, our services are completely free due to a referral from Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities or a Medicaid waiver from their local board of Developmental Disabilities. Without referral, our services do cost money. The cost depends on what services are being provided.
A Job Coach works with an individual on a regular basis to enhance chances of successful job placement. Job Coaches will help create job aids, demonstrate tasks, enhance or supplement training, develop time management skills, define business etiquette and behavior, and help enhance communication skills. Job Coaches will also mediate between employee and management, advocate for reasonable accommodations, dialogue frequently with management, as well as address any management concerns with the individual.
A Job Developer is a Greenleaf staff person who works directly with an individual to assist them in applying for jobs. Typically, a Job Developer will meet weekly with the individual on a one-on-one basis and review job leads, complete applications, apply for jobs, review interviewing skills, go to job sites to inquire about employment opportunities, and assist the individual with writing their resume and cover letters.
In order to receive services from Greenleaf JTS you must be at least 14 years old.
Each individual is unique and their personal situation is unique as well. It is not possible to predict how long it will take to get a job due to the individual as well as the available jobs in the specific job market. We do promise that each individual will receive high-quality services promptly and tailored to meet their needs and goals.
We are located at 510 E. North Broadway Columbus, OH 43214. We are at the corner of Indianola Ave. and E. North Broadway in the Columbus Speech and Hearing building.
Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 4:30PM.
We are easily accessible both by bus and by highway. We are located on the #4 COTA bus line, as well as the #83 COTA bus line. By highway, we are located off the E North Broadway exit on I-71 and the E North Broadway/Olentangy River Road exit on SR-315.
Yes. As long as you meet the other eligibility criteria, you can receive services!